Saturday, March 24, 2018

BE the voice

Everyone has a voice but it's up to each of you how you decide to USE it.


What a week. I think I am still overwhelmed at where the Lord has taken me in this journey. A journey that seemed to be impossible just a year ago. A journey that hasn't been easy. Impossible is only impossible when your not willing. 

It started with our beautiful plane ride to Washington. THAT reminder that HE still cares about the little things. The beauty of our world and all the GOOD it does have to offer.
Inhale courage.
Exhale fear.
Flashback to when I was a High Schooler who wouldn't even raise my hand to say one word. 
You'd never know that today! 
I am thankful for the battle Jesus fights for me. 
I am thankful for the strength he allows me to have through this journey.
I am thankful for the job that I am at who stood behind me in this mission.
I am thankful to have had a friend and co-worker like Jayla to stand beside me in Washington.
Our trip in Washington started with meeting up with Anne and Jason.
Jason has dystonia just like myself. 
I had the honor of meeting them three years ago and fell in love with both him and his wife.
Throughout the year Anne has been my saving grace. 
To have others that understand without saying a word means the world. 
We walked over ten miles Sunday with a couple breaks! 
I was so proud of myself.
A couple times where my balance was rough but no worries because Anne had my back.
We learned how beautiful history is. 
How real it is.
There is just something about being with dystonia family that fills my heart.
Which makes the goodbyes and see you laters so much harder.
Lets just say we had an early bedtime Sunday.
Monday came and we were at exploring once again. 
Later that evening we would met up with others that would be flying in for Dystonia.

Dale Dirks who just doesn't get enough credit really fights for dystonia on the hill daily. 
Making this week possible.
His passion to help others is so inspiring. 
If your in the Washington area look him up because he is super! 

The Thompson family.
This is such a one in a kind family! 
I call them my Washington family because Dan and Jean took me in as one of their own my very first year.
Our team for this year!
Victory never felt so good. At the end of a long day filled of meetings with state senators.
The weather had turned into a rainy cloudy day BUT that didn't stop us. 
Dystonia is like that on days but the strength the Lord has given us is by far stronger then ANY storm could ever bring.
So bring it Dystonia because together we have this.
Get'em and make them listen...even if it's in the hall way. 
Thanks Massie!

People always ask "Who was your favorite?"
"What meeting was the most successful?"
My answer this year:
ALL OF THEM.

Senator Todd Young

Trey was amazing! He set down with us for about 25-30 minutes.
GO INDIANA! 

After a very long successful day we flew back just in time before the storm came through. Our plane ride was rough coming home but we made it safe and sound.

Thursday, Jayla and I got to have lunch with our store owner. 
Sharing all the places we went.
He asked both of us what our favorite thing was about the trip.
Both Jayla and I answered "Helping others. Seeing that passion in others as well and knowing our voice matters."

While I was away I realized how blessed I am to have a job that I am so in love with.
A owner that truly cares.
A owner who set down and prayed with us.
That is so rare in todays world.
I am beyond thankful for him. 
Who loves past dystonia.
Who sees people for who they are. 
I realized yesterday as yesterday was my first day back to work since last Saturday how loved and wanted I really am.
The many who stopped and said "Washington looked fun but the reason behind it is so cool Chelsi!"
That moment your getting ready to go get ice cream with some of your co-workers after work to catch up...
Before stopping to give your boss a hug and thank them for allowing you to take off to go!
His reply being "Thank you for going and helping others! I'm glad you had fun but glad your back with us." 
GUYS. BE THAT voice that others so need in this world.
Putting Jesus in the center. 
The rain may hit BUT you are stronger then any storm you may face! 

We also found out a few days ago that dystonia made the DOD list for the 2019 year!!!
GO JESUS, GO!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment