Wednesday, December 27, 2017

The sky IS the limit

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing, shoes and indoor




                                  Where to began...

From the moment this year started my health had been a big concern. The many doctor appointments that were scheduled that lead doctors to leave frustrated. The loneliness it brought. The terrible feeling in my heart that was left after no results from a spinal tap. To this day I was never so sure that we would have results, and answers. 

Flashback:I remember being an 8th grader and getting upfront reading two sentences out loud. I was so nervous. I was nervous of being made fun of for shaking. Boy little did I know God was preparing me to be strong in him for later in life. He knew that one day (tonight) I would look back and smile about it.  

                                      Smile that he's still working on me and not finished yet...



Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing

This year has taken me to Washington DC to speak on Capitol Hill for the second time in a row. My Mom has always told me "You are such a stubborn child." 
So I thought that I would put it to use for another year! 
Representing IN and a voice for others who have dystonia.
I learned pretty young in life that life IS what you make it to be.
Be that voice for others, holding nothing back! 

This year has brought serious health changes.
I am ashamed to say I let myself get pretty heavy...
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, stripes and closeup
BUT I took my health back and decided that something HAD to change. 
When Jesus closes one door he opens another.
In my case (out of the blue) a neurologist following my mystery case sent a letter that stated "Has she ever tried a Keto diet for the jerking part?" 
A keto what???
Google became our best friend for days. 
At this point we had nothing to lose.
It's been NINE months of hard work but I have done it! 
While I struggle to be at my goal weight I am 60 pounds lighter!!! 
And for that we celebrate.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, phone, indoor and closeup
                                          
                        It was THIS year that I hosted my VERY FIRST EVER event in Indy for Dystonia! 
All proceeds went to the Dystonia Medical Research Foundation in hopes that a cure will be found for at least the next generation. Words can't explain the overwhelming feeling I had on this day! What a way to spend your 26th birthday, right?! 
         Image may contain: one or more people and indoor Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, shoes, tree, outdoor and water Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, people standing
           I am SO proud to say this event raised over 10,000 dollars for research!!! 
                     Image may contain: one or more people and people dancing
Image may contain: 1 personImage may contain: one or more people and outdoorImage may contain: night and outdoor
The IPL building was even a part of the event with us! 
Coming in 2018 to the state of IN:
Our very own support group ALREADY filled with over 15 families in the area! 
Our second year of the Indy Hunt for a Cure
Watching Jesus work through what I always was so embarrassed about growing up is just been such an adventure! 
Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing, sky, tree, shoes, shorts, outdoor and nature
From meeting complete strangers on the Canal to praying with this group of people.

Last but not least and one of my biggest accomplishments this year...
A new full time job at Chick-fil-a!
I never in a million years thought that I would give up early childcare but after my health and just feeling as if God was leading me else where I made that decision. It has honestly been one of the best decisions I have made this year. 
I have come to love people.
People of all kinds.
Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, indoor
\This makes me smile so big. 
Dystonia...well we make it work!
I say "we" because it's such a team effort...Like today when it's crazy busy and you keep telling yourself "You can't do this. What if I mess up? Or what if I spill these fries?" 
Then you hear Senior management say "You do what you feel is comfortable. We can switch it around to make it work."
Then you realize "This is where I belong!"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment