Monday, November 27, 2017

When you feel like you lose more than you win

I think if Jesus could write me a letter about Dystonia he would write this…
Dear Chels, 
I’ve been with you since day one. I know every tear you have cried on this journey. I was with you through 15 different doctors. I saw your heart breaking but I also saw your parents hearts break as well. I was there before you came to know me as your savior. 
I was there during the dark times of your life. The moments where you didn’t feel strong. I know how that feels. Remember I died on the cross for you. Loving you with Dystonia. 
I knew this journey was going to be a toughie but life isn’t meant to be apple pie all of the time. For then you wouldn’t need me. 
I knew that my plans would be amazing through such a struggle. The only way I could get your attention was to have no answers. Was to allow you to feel alone in the doctor’s office. It was then that your fire was lite. It was game on Dystonia. 
I needed you to be that voice. That voice that got the attention of others. I needed you to fall down before you could possibly understand how important your purpose is in this life. 
I know you wish I would “fix” your body but I’m using it to help others. Don’t allow yourself to be selfish that you can’t see that for yourself. My work in you isn’t done yet. 
Good job with the Indy Hunt for a cure but that’s just the beginning. Stay focused on me. Even when your ticked that I won’t “fix” Dystonia. Oh the hearts your story has grabbed. 
Your life is mine. Let me have control. I know you want to date but I also know it will take a special man. Wait on that special guy to sweep you off your feet. Wait on that special man I have created for you to love you with Dystonia. 
One day you will understand the big picture from my view. When you do you’ll understand the love I had for you! 
Don’t give up on hope. You keep making a loud stand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment